Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is BAF?
A: Briarcliff Animal Foundation (BAF) is a volunteer-based 501(c)3, non-profit Foundation which provides medical treatment to stray and indigent animals who are sick or injured in the Atlanta area. Through its “outreach” program, BAF also supports several local animal-related programs.
Q: How will my donation be used?
A: 100% of your donation will go directly to the medical treatment of the animals and to the animal-related outreach programs. The administrative costs of running the foundation are donated by the Briarcliff Animal Clinic. So, you can feel confident that every penny you donate goes directly to the care of the animals.
Q: What are the “outreach” programs supported by BAF?
A: 100% of the “unrestricted” donations to BAF are distributed as follows:
- 75-80% – Medical treatment for stray and indigent animals in Atlanta and BAF’s Purrfect Pet Adoption Program
- 5% – Atlanta Off-Leash Dog Park (located in Piedmont Park)
- 5% – Happy Tails (therapeutic pet visits to people in hospitals in Atlanta)
- 5% – P.A.L.S. (Pets are Loving Support) provides ongoing care and support to pets of Atlanta area persons living with critical illnesses
- 5-10% – University of Georgia Veterinary School
Q: How can I help?
A: You can make your tax-deductible donation to the Briarcliff Animal Foundation by cash, check, or credit card (Mastercard or Visa). On our web site, we accept donations by debit card or credit card.
Online Donation through First Giving
Donations through US Mail or telephone
Please print and mail the donation form with your check or you can phone us at 404-874-6393 to make a donation by credit card.